Conroe ISD Head Lice Policy
Here are the defined Lice Policies for the Conroe ISD. Click on the links to see full detail.
1) When a student is found to have live lice:
- The parent/guardian is notified and information related to detection and elimination of head lice
will be provided.
- The parent/guardian of student and school officials will determine if the student should be sent
- The parent/guardian is instructed that the student should be treated before returning to school.
- In some cases, (based on the School Nurse’s professional judgment), it may be appropriate to
have the student’s head checked upon return to school.
2) When a student is found to have nits present (no live lice detected):
- The parent/guardian is notified and encouraged to pick the nits from the student’s hair at least
daily for the next two weeks.
- The student is not sent home from school.
- Information related to detection and elimination of head lice is sent home with the student.
If careful observation indicates that a student has head lice, the school nurse will contact the student’s parent to determine whether the student will need to be picked up from school and discuss a plan for treatment with an FDA-approved medicated shampoo or cream rinse that may be purchased from any drug or grocery store. Parents may also wish to consult their healthcare provider for effective treatment options. After the student has undergone a treatment, the parent should check in with the school nurse to discuss the treatment used.
We can help with any questions, concerns, or treatments. Call with any questions.
About Lice Clinics of America – Kingwood
LCA Kingwood has one goal in mind: to give parents and family the safest, most complete and effective head-lice treatment available allowing you to be lice free.
Our lice treatment is FDA-cleared and formulated (with no toxic chemicals) to get rid of lice every time, for every person, with just one treatment. We guarantee it.
Lice Clinics of America – Kingwood
2330 Timber Shadow Drive, Kingwood, TX 77339